Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Starting Over... Again

I've been lacking in the Inspiration area lately. I recently created a blog for Phillip Ritchie and just speaking to him about why he wants a blog, and how he wanted to let people in on why he shoots the concepts and the people he shoots (for his artistic photos - not the commercial ones), it was really inspiring.
My old blog used to be about my site updates, and that was pretty boring. So I guess I'm starting all over with a new blog -- a blog about my life as an aspiring model. I'm sure this blog will not get very far - as I am not known outside of the O.C. and L.A. area, but I figured this can be something I will be able to look back on a few years from now. Maybe my modeling career will be over and I can look back on the good times. Or maybe I was actually able to make something out of it, and I'll be able to remind myself of all the things that helped me along.

So, to start off my first post in the new blog, is a new photo, taken by Zion Publishing. There will be many more coming soon. Makeup was done by the wonderful Brittney Long (no website yet). I would also have to thank Michael Magers for lending me clothes and for coming to my rescue by hooking me up with Brittney at the last minute.

This shoot was really different from what I am used to. Normally, I would do the poses, and if the photographer sees something he/she likes, I would be told to hold the pose while they get it from different angles, etc. However, Zion had me kind of semi-hold my poses, and when he counts to three, I would then make eye contact with the camera, suck in my gut, and then fully do my pose. He sees it as a fresh, new, and raw look. It was a bit painful to do, because I had to tell my body to do so many things all at once, but it was fun and the pictures did come out great. I should be getting a few more pictures e-mailed to me in between this week and next.

No comments:

Post a Comment